Monday 6 June 2016

Medals at the Kent Open!

All the hard work of the last few months were rewarded yesterday with a couple of medals at the Kent Open in Canterbury; Big Ron bagged a silver in the Masters White Ultra Heavy and I collected a bronze in the Adult Brown Heavy division. Two other students, Martin and Juliette, narrowly missed out on medals and fought their hearts out in their first ever competition and left it all on the mats.


This was the first ever Kent Open and full props to Paul Mc Ginty and his team for running a great event, with no thanks whatsoever to Network Rail and their engineering works, that led to the delay of some of the brackets; that said, the refereeing was spot on and the sportsmanship of all the athletes was on show for all to see, as well as some great Jiu Jitsu from the junior warriors.


I am very happy with the team's results and matches and as always, plenty to work on tonight and even more so, very happy with my matches, my cardio was strong and most of all my back didn't give me any problems, so back to the drawing board and more hard training for the rest of the week.

No comments: