Thursday 27 August 2015

Last night's class

Another really enjoyable session last night, with another female student joining the club and taking her first steps along the BJJ path; hopefully this will encourage other women to come and take the plunge and take a class.  I know how daunting it can be for a female to walk into a male dominated environment such as a BJJ class, even males can find it hard to walk into the same room, I've found this out when I've spoken to my students and they tell me how they felt in their first class.

Checkmat Wimbledon welcomes everyone to the club, male or female; Jiu Jitsu is for everyone, so if you're a man or a woman reading this, umming and ahhing on whether to join in a class, just take a deep breath at the door, walk up the steps and join the rest of us on the mats, where you'll be assured of a very warm welcome.

 

No comments: