Wednesday 18 February 2015

Jiu Jitsu and the Mature Athlete by Steve Maxwell!

Check out this great article written by black belt Steve Maxwell, where he writes about training when you are over forty and some very good advice for the younger, stronger jiu jitsu students, when they roll with the older guys in the gym.
 
I'll be 45 this year and I'm nowhere near as strong and injury resistant as I was ten years ago and there is much in the article that I can relate to, both in my own training and when rolling with the younger, stronger athletes.
 
This is a must read for the older guys, but more importantly a must read for the younger, stronger guys.  Respect the fact that the older guys are still there on the mats doing their bit and cut them some slack when it comes to rolling.
 
Oooss!
 

No comments: