Monday 13 January 2014

Eddie Kone!

Had the immense pleasure of training with my very good friend Eddie Kone last week; it's been a while since I was last down at Eddie's due to seminars and comps clashing with Eddie's seminars, so it was really nice to hook up once again.

I was picked up at the station by one of Ed's students, Lisa 'Lights Out' McCallam and was taken to Eddie's new gym, where we were going to take the striking and clinch class, before the Jiu Jitsu class.

The striking class was a great way to warm up for the Jiu Jitsu class, covering a number of ways of closing the distance and getting into a clinch position, then it was time for Jiu Jitsu.

Eddie re capped on his last class and after drilling the techniques out, Eddie covered some closed guard attacks, with some great tips on the omoplata submission, then it was time to roll.  I had three highly enjoyable rolls with Ed's blue belts who all gave this old man a run for his money and after a quick Q+A session, the class was over and I peeled off my soaking wet gi and started to get changed.

Huge thanks to Eddie as always a very enjoyable session, to Lisa for picking me up and to Lee Brownsword who drove me back to the Tube station, saving my weary legs a good ten minute walk back from the gym.
Photo taken by Lydia Mok
Address - Blackhorse Lane, London E17 5QJ
Nearest Tube - Blackhorse Rd
Website - www.ekbjj.com






              No comments: