Monday 1 April 2013

Forca Academy, Ormskirk!

Since returning to the UK, I've been busy doing what I like best, hitting the road and spreading the BJJ knowledge across the North West; last week, I was invited by Ross Hudson to the Forca Academy, in Ormskirk to take a gi class.
Team photo
After a thorough warm up, the class started with, yes, you guessed it, the side control drills that are proving to be a great hit with all the clubs I've been teaching at; in future posts I will put the drills together on You Tube and share them on here and you can let me know what you think of them and if they help you in your overall training (after being practiced diligently, of course).
With Ross 'Hoss' Hudson
Once the drills were covered, I went through a number of high percentage sweeps from the guard position and next thing we knew, the class was over, two hours gone in the blink of an eye.  Teaching the drills from scratch take up a large chunk of the class, as I am at pains to get the guys doing them right from the start, but once people have them in the bag, the improvements to their rolling justifies the time spent showing them.
 
Huge thanks to Ross in bringing me over to teach, I had a great time, with a great set of students, all keen to learn and I look forward to returning real soon.
 
 

No comments: