Friday 10 February 2012

Old Man Zhoo Zhitsu!!

Looking forward to my first competition of 2012, the Hereford Open next Sunday; as an aging Senior 2 brown belt, finding people to fight is a nightmare and sadly, the guy I was due to compete against next week, has had to pull out.

I spoke to Dave Coles and asked him if another Senior 2 was willing to compete, but Dave said he was commited to another competition, so I was looking at the fact of just reffing next weekend.  Gutted.

I love to compete and test myself at every event and try to make things work in a competition that I have been teaching in class and my first goal as a brown belt is to win my first match, preferrably with a submission.  I know it's going to be hard work in the first year, as I haven't been a brown belt for long and in the two matches I have had in 2011, the level of competition has increased dramatically.

That said, I scanned the competitor list for next weekend and saw there were two Adult brown belts competing in my weight bracket, so I spoke to Dave and asked if I could compete with the young guns and I am happy to report that I will be competing next weekend :)

To all the Seniors out there in jiu jitsu land, don't be afraid to compete, win or lose you always learn something and by learning you are growing more experienced within your belt colour.  Injuries notwithstanding, I'll be there next Sunday, flying the flag for Senior 2's and I will keep everyone posted on how I get on.

Onwards and upwards :)

No comments: