Monday 10 October 2011

My first brown belt fight!



The time is drawing near. I am on a date with destiny. There's no hiding place. Just me and my opponent. The ultimate testing ground. Yes, folks, it's competition time!


My first as a newly minted brown belt, I will be testing my skills against fellow brown belt, Christian Graugard, whom many of you will know from bjjglobetrotter.com fame. We are scheduled to meet in what I am led to believe, will be a Superfight at the Glasgow Open on Saturday October 15th at the Kelvin Hall International Arena in Glasgow. So no pressure there then!


The event is run and organised by James Mc Intyre and is one of the most prestigious grappling events in Scotland and will be the first time I have competed in Scotland, so there are many things to look forward to this coming weekend.


Excited? Yes!


Nervous? Yes, but in an excited way!


Both Christian and myself have spoke to each other via the EFN forum and we're both looking forward to putting on a good show at the weekend; win or lose, it's the taking part that counts and as a competitor who is now at Senior 2, it's actually getting to a competition with as least injuries as possible!


You can read up on Christian's adventures at http://www.bjjglobetrotter.com

No comments: