Saturday 1 January 2011

Out with the Old, in with the New!


Looking back on an action packed 2010, it's hard to believe that the year went so fast, after cramming it packed full of competitions, seminars and travelling. It's been a while since I jumped on a jet plane and had some sun on my back, to help ease the aches and pains of hard training, but this year I was lucky enough to enjoy two extended breaks in Thailand and finally hauled ass to Brazil to enjoy one month's solid training, as well as spending my 40th birthday out there, which was a very memorable day to say the least.

Every weekend I've been involved in some form of jiu jitsu related activity, be it competing, refereeing or attending seminars, one of the highlights being the first guy to meet Cobrinha at the airport in Manchester and attending his first UK seminar.

One of the best things about jiu jitsu is the people you meet and the friends you make and this year I've made many new friends from all four corners of the globe and hope that this year is just as good. I've also made many friends through my many interviews and have had the honour of speaking to some of the biggest names on the planet, as well as showcasing up and coming UK talent, remember where you heard it first!
So to all the friends I've met throughout the last twelve months, it's been an absolute blast meeting you all and getting to know you and I wish you all renewed success this coming year and look forward to seeing you all again.

It's been a great year at my club and for Combat Base UK as a whole on all levels and 2011 looks to be an even better year for all concerned; to my students, I'd like to thank you for all your support and hard work this year and with all the new equipment at the club, I look forward to taking you all to the next level this year and seeing some new coloured belts around your waists!


No comments: