Thursday 6 January 2011

Goals for the New Year!

This is the time of the month when we all get serious in a bid to get back on it and hit the mats to burn off all the excesses of the festive period and we make the dreaded resolutions, that we all adhere to, right? Hmmmm.....

We all need goals in life to give us something to work for and goals in our training year are just as relevant; I light heartedly listed one of my goals on the EFN forum as standing on a swiss ball and lo and behold last night, I managed to stand for five seconds on one in front of the class, so that's one ticked off already, but what about the rest of the year?


1: Get promoted. Probably one of the main goals for most jiu jitsu guys and gals and a real motivator for me to carry on training hard and compete regularly.

2: Have a purple belt at the club. I have two blue belts that are knocking on the door and it will be the first purple belt at the club, I really hope this is the year it happens.

3: Referee more. This is a rather easy goal to achieve, as I am now on the Hereford Open refereeing team, as well as UMA referee and I have offered my services to the Staffs Open in March and to a number of events organised by Gus Oliveira.

4: Compete more. I had a great year last year competing and aim to attend a number of events that I missed last year and hope to enter more no gi events as well.

5: More promotions at the club. This is one of the best goals for me as a coach, seeing people walk through the doors at the club a raw beginner and over time, turn them into proficient jiu jitsu players.
I'd like to thank everyone for reading my ramblings over the last year and for all the helpful feedback I've received as well and here's to another great year in 2011!


No comments: