Tuesday 18 August 2009

Scandinavian Open 17-18th October 2009!


Well, I have gone past the point of no return today and registered for Peter Blackwell's Scandinavian Open BJJ extravaganza, which will be held in Stockholm in October; I will be entering Purple Belt Senior 1, in the -88.3 bracket which is held on the Saturday and the Open weight the following day.


I will be training and preparing hard for this event and I aim to share as much of the training process as possible with you all, drawing upon areas from my sport science degree such as event preparation, sport psychology, diet and nutrition as well as my own thoughts on training week by week.


That's the aim; I want to make it as readable and enjoyable as possible and hopefully serve to motivate and educate others who wish to step onto the competition ladder, together with the more seasoned competitors, hopefully they can identify with me on the training process.


The flights have been booked and I will be spending a few days with my sponsors down in Wales prior travelling to Stockholm, leaving via Stansted with the Fight Factory crew; we will be staying at the Welcome Hotel in the city centre, close to the venue and hopefully meeting up with other UK players, plus of course in true Fighting Photographer style, I will be covering the event (and my time out there) for all the usual media outlets.


Feel free to post comments on here (and support lol), as I will be putting links on the BJJ.eu and Cagewarriors forums.


See you on the mats!

No comments: